18.7.11

Cupcake Inspirations

I have always had a sweet tooth and find it very hard to say no to dessert. When I started cooking, cupcakes became a favorite of mine to bake (and eat). I enjoy trying new recipes and tweaking them to create my own. It may sound a bit weird, but its actually very therapeutic for me and somewhat relaxing. It probably helps that at the end of it all, I get to eat a tasty cupcake!

With BBQ season in full effect, cupcakes are pretty much my staple dessert to take to parties (especially since I have my handy dandy cupcake carrier) and have basically become the "cupcake lady" to our friends' children. They can always count on me to bring little sweet treats.

Below are some photos of
cupcakes I have made in the past, a trip down cupcake memory lane, if you will.


Chocolate Mint Cupcake (garnished with some mint fro
m the garden), a personal favorite of mine.

Tequila Lime Cupcake, dangerously tasty.

Fig Cupcake, a recipe I came up with.

S'more cupcakes, brought back childhood memories and it was fun to torch the tops!

My love for cupcakes has definitely carried over into my designs and illustrations. There is something so cute about the shape of the cupcake and the way the frosting sits on top.

Now that the MADE WITH HEART Etsy shop is open, you will find our cupcake inspired collection of birthday note cards.

This card comes in 4 different colors and can be purchased as a boxed set so you can always have birthday card on hand!

This card also comes in a blue/orange combo for your cupcake lovin' birthday boy.

Food and cooking will always continue to inspire my designs so stay tuned for the next batch! And don't forget to check out our Etsy shop and shop away.

No comments:

Post a Comment